Sunday, April 13, 2008

What does the "M" stand for again?

I'm beginning to think it stands for monotony.

Just how many times does MTV plan on reairing the Real World Awards show? Don't throw a hissy fit because you like the Real World and enjoyed the special. I enjoy the Real World too, probably not as much as other people because it took me a long time to get into it and I'm not familiar with all the "classic" cast members, but I can appreciate the fandom. And I even enjoy seeing occasional reruns of certain shows. (I'll admit that I've watched each season of America's Next Top Model probably at least 6 times each) But the award show? Drama, fun, reminiscing, seeing everyone after years...all great. But I'd say for about 3 times. Tops.

Is MTV really that hard up for programming? They have Made, True Life, actual episodes of The Real World, Gauntlets, Infernos, and that gem of a show The Hills as well as other "reality" shows.

But I know I'm forgetting something...hmmmm...what can it be? I feel like it's really important...it's right on the tip of my fingers...ugh...what is it?

I know!! MUSIC! What happened to the music on MTV, once know as MUSIC TELEVISION? Yes, music plays in the background of all their shows, but that also happens on every other show on television! I'm not going to get up at 7AM to catch the 2 hours of music videos on MTV every morning.

I don't think I'd mind if they put some of the reality reruns on then, and played the music videos during the day. At least I might see something I haven't seen 7 billion times before.

No comments: