Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Why I voted in Ohio...

Here's what I love about where I vote in Ohio.



CNN talks about how the Southwest area is so Republican, but when they use their fancy technology to color in the counties of Ohio, something very interesting happens. See that lonely little blue county north of Cincinnati and west of Columbus? Pretty much the only blue county in the western half of the state? That's mine. That's where my vote counts. Maybe it didn't really matter in the last 2 elections as Ohio still went red, but I'm happy knowing that I did my part and at least my county was blue. And that's why I'll keep voting absentee, despite the cost.

As Ohio goes, so goes the nation. Hopefully, the blue counties like mine will lead Ohio and the nation in a new direction.

No comments: